Coast Hospice provides in-depth training for all volunteers working with palliative and grieving clients
INTERESTED IN OUR SPRING VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION?
Complete the Volunteer Application and send to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mail to: Box 902, Sechelt, BC V0N 3A0
We will arrange to meet so we can explore how your interests fit with our Coast Hospice needs.
The Cost is $100 and includes a one-year Coast Hospice membership ($20 value). If this poses a difficulty, please talk to us–we do not want those who want to volunteer with Hospice to be deterred by finances.
Spring 2018 Volunteer Orientation Schedule
Sessions are at Hospice House, 4602 Simpkins Road in Davis Bay.
- Friday, Apr. 6: 645pm-915pm – Welcome and Overview
- Saturday, Apr. 7: 930am-4pm – Communication, Loss & Grief and Gentle Touch with Marlena Blavin
- Sunday, Apr. 8: 930am-4pm – Appropriate Death, Bearing Witness and Loss Exercise
- Tuesday, Apr. 10: 6:00pm-9:00pm – Becoming & Being a Hospice Volunteer
- Thursday, Apr. 12: 6pm-9pm – Medical Care – NOTE this session takes place @ Shorncliffe – 5847 Medusa St, Sechelt
- Saturday, Apr. 14: 930am-4pm – Psychosocial Care; PPS stages; Threshold Singers
- Monday, Apr. 16: 6pm-9pm – Spiritual Care; Funerals
- Thursday, Apr. 19: 6pm-9pm – Grief & Bereavement; Gentle Touch
- Saturday, Apr. 21: 930am-130pm – Putting it all together; Potluck Lunch
There are other ways you can support our work:
- Gardening at the Hospice Garden @ Shorncliffe
- Help with Special Events
- Financial Donation to help us continue to provide excellence in compassionate care on the Sunshine Coast
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com | 604.740.475