Coast Hospice provides in-depth training for all volunteers working with palliative and grieving clients
INTERESTED IN OUR SPRING VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION?
Complete the 2016 Volunteer Application for Website and send to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mail to: Box 902, Sechelt, BC V0N 3A0
We will arrange to meet so we can explore how your interests fit with our Coast Hospice needs.
The Cost is $100 and includes a 2017-18 Coast Hospice membership ($15 value). If this poses a difficulty, please talk to us – we do not want those who wish to volunteer with Hospice to be deterred by finances.
Spring 2017 Volunteer Orientation Schedule
Sessions are at Hospice House, 4602 Simpkins Road in Davis Bay.
- Friday, Apr. 28: 7pm-9pm – Welcome and Overview
- Saturday, Apr. 29: 9am-4pm – Communication on Loss & Grief and Gentle Touch with Marlena Blavin
- Sunday, Apr. 30: 9am-3pm – Appropriate Death, Bearing Witness and Loss Exercise
- Tuesday, May 2: 6:00pm-9:00pm – Becoming & Being a Hospice Volunteer
- Thursday, May 4: 6pm-9pm – Medical Care – NOTE this session takes place @ Shorncliffe – 5847 Medusa Str, Sechelt
- Saturday, May 6: 9am-4pm – Psychosocial Care; PPS stages; Threshold Singers
- Tuesday, May 9: 6pm-9pm – Spiritual Care; Funerals
- Thursday, May 11: 6pm-9pm – Grief & Bereavement; Gentle Touch
- Saturday, May 13: 9am-130pm – Putting it all together; Potluck Lunch
There are other ways you can support our work:
- Gardening at the Hospice Garden @ Shorncliffe
- Help with Special Events
- Financial Donation to help us continue to provide excellence in compassionate care on the Sunshine Coast
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com | 604.740.475