• Home
  • /How can I get started?

How can I get started?

You can prepare an Advance Care Plan on your own using the My Voice planning document developed by the Ministry of Health as your guide. You do not need to consult a notary or a lawyer. More information about this document can be found in the Resources section.

screen-shot-2016-09-30-at-4-42-20-pmIf you’re like most of us, however, getting some guidance and having the support of others can be helpful.

To assist you, the Sunshine Coast Hospice Society has created the Advance Care Planning Team that

  • offers presentations and workshops about advance care planning to individuals, families, and organizations,
  • offers additional support to those who want in having “the talk” with their loved ones and recording their wishes, and
  • provides online resources to guide you.

*The basis for this information comes via the Comox Valley Advance Care Planning, with gratitude. All images are courtesy of CVACP except where otherwise noted.